Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking ahead...

Well, I have to say I am glad I am done with Christmas Cookies, as much as I love the season, I am tired of decorating, Trees, Stars, Mittens, Snow Flakes and everything else I decorated as Christmas Cookies this year.  So as  I attempted to 1/2 my recipe, and of course needed to decide what to bake with that 1/2 recipe of cookies.  I settled on some hearts in preparation for Valentine's Day, some Summer Bugs, and made up some Circles and Snow Flakes to send out.  Didn't think the recipient would want pastel Hearts and Butterflies from me as I was once upon a time his boss.  My mom is here visiting, and well being the Art teacher that she is she convinced me to "dry brush" on a cookie for decoration.  I enjoyed it, I still have a lot more practice to do.  I also tried making roses out of icing, this was my first "successful" attempt, as the roses didn't just turn out into a big pile of frosting, you could tell that they were roses.  After I snapped a picture of the heart with roses I attempted to "dry brush" pink on the top of the roses to give it a little more character.

No comments:

Post a Comment