Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mom...I'm hungry...AGAIN!

I am a Mom, of boys...boys who eat me out of house and home, and we haven't even hit junior or high school yet...yes I am a Mom of a 6 ½ , 5 and 2 year old.

To help combat their hunger and hopefully save a little bit of money and still provide them with the best and freshest ingredients we have a garden...or two. One here at the house and one at our local community garden.

Of course with my baking business unless I take time off it's rare to find a week of down time...and wouldn't you know that my garden is ready for me to can, freeze and pickle so many wonderful things...RIGHT NOW!

So this week I am trying to balance my orders and my garden. So I'm keeping busy, I've blanched and frozen my broccoli and my husband will work on beans while I work on a birthday cake tonight, and over the next week we'll have to tackle the beets that can't be ignored any more.

I know before too long it will be the cucumbers turn, and don't get me started on the tomatoes which usually run into applesauce season.  At least I know what I’m putting into my kid’s body. 

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment