Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baseballs and Cardinals and Roses...OH MY!



I've been very busy in the last 24 hours, here is a glimpse of what I've been up to.  



  We'll start with Baseballs...I made Baseball cupcakes.  Cupcakes are white cake with white butter cream frosting and red "threads".  Intended to look like...well...Baseballs.




First Attempt


Second Attempt





I also made a Cardinal's cake.  This is my second one.  I successfully completed my first one last night only to sneak a peak at it this morning to be mortified.  I attempted to smooth out the bubbles and what not, but I knew that I could not show this cake.  I thought about taking the fondant off and attempting to "rebuild" the cake, but in the end I set to baking and started from the beginning.  The end result is slightly different, I used royal icing for the lettering on the second cake verses the fondant on the first.  I'm very pleased with my second end result. 








I tried to make Roses after I saw Amanda on Iambaker do a rose tutorial.  I had extra cake batter from the cupcakes so I made a 8 inch round cake.  I then covered the cake with butter cream and used a 1 M tip and made roses.  I'm taking the Rose cake to book club tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment