Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Sunday, June 19, 2011

She's leaving, Dios Bendiga

I was very excited to make this cake; I just wish I was making it for another reason.  The individual who will be enjoying this cake with close friends happens to be our babysitter, and it is bittersweet that I am making it.  You see, she is moving to Iowa, but first she is going to spend the summer as a missionary in Peru.  We will miss you more than you know McKenzie Ann, Dios Bendiga. 

The cake is a double layer chocolate cake with a generous layer of butter cream in-between.  It is then topped off with homemade marshmallow fondant. 

I wasn’t exactly sure what I wanted to do with this cake until after I had the fondant on, and from there my ideas took off and I came up with the suit case and luggage tag. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment