Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Breakfast with Land O' Lakes Eggs

I’ve done posts before as a part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program and I’m pleased to announce that I was given the opportunity to try out Land O’ Lakes eggs for my most recent Foodbuzz Tastemaker program.  I received two coupons for a dozen eggs each, and was pleased that I was able to find the eggs here at Pick ‘N Save.  Orginally I  struggled with what to make, but after receiving a case of my favorite English muffin bread, I knew exactly what it would be. 
This post will be about not only one but two breakfast foods, which I made for dinner on Friday evening.  The first is a family favorite…and happens to be what we wake up and eat on Christmas morning.  I received the original recipe from my former boss, and have modified it to fit my family.  It’s called “Overnight French Toast” but when we eat it for dinner, I make it in the morning and let it sit in the refrigerator.



“Overnight French Toast”

6 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
1 Cup Brown Sugar

12 Slice English muffin Bread
5 Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
¼ Teaspoon Salt

1 ½ Cups Milk

In a sauce pan combine the butter, the light corn syrup and the brown sugar. Heat until it comes together with a syrup consistency. Pour into the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer your bread over the syrup mixture. (It should make 2 layers) In a separate bowl beat the eggs, vanilla, salt and milk together. Pour over the bread. Place in the refrigerator overnight. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Cut into squares and invert and serve.


Butter, Brown Sugar and Corn Syrup

Butter, Brown Sugar and Corn Syrup melted

Syrup in my 9x13 pan

English Muffin Bread layered over the syrup

5 Land O' Lake Eggs

Milk, Eggs, Salt and Vanilla

Milk, Eggs, Salt, Eggs poured over the English Muffin Bread


Out of the oven after baking @ 350 for 45 minutes

Inverted and delicious



The second item we tried out was a “new” recipe for breakfast muffins.  I adapted the recipe to fit my family’s needs the original recipe was in the September 2011 issue of Family Fun Magazine.  You will see that I sprinkled cheese on top of some of the muffins prior to baking them verse folding it into the batter, this is because my 15 month old can't have cheese. 

Sausage Morning Muffins

1 ¼ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
¾ Cup Yellow Cornmeal
¼ Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Milk
2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Canola Oil
1 Cup Cooked Breakfast meat (I used Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage)
½ Cup Cheddar Cheese

Heat oven to 375 degrees, coat a muffin pan (12 Cups) with cooking spray or with paper liners.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, and oil, then pour mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until blended.  Fold in Sausage and cheese.

Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, filling each three quarters full.  Bake the muffins until the tops are browned, about 20 minutes.  Let cool in in the pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then turn them out onto the rack and let them cool completely.  The muffins can be frozen in a plastic freezer bag up to three months. 

Ingredients gathered

Adding the Land O' Lake Eggs


My middle helper adding the sausage

Batter poured into greased muffin cups

Cheese added to some as my baby can't have cheese.

Cooling before removing from the muffin pan. 

Breakfast Muffin with cheese


As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received two coupons for a free Land O' Lakes Eggs. The opinions and views expressed above are my own, and I thoroughly enjoyed my experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment