Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quick and easy Chicken Alfredo

I’m venturing out from my “Cookies, Cakes and Cupcakes” for this, one and I couldn’t be more excited to share this with you. 

I signed on with Foodbuzz (www.foodbuzz.com) some months ago, and recently signed up to be a food tester for them.  Basically what this means is I am given the opportunity to opt-in to a product they are testing, and if selected I will receive that product and then I blog about my experience with it.  Well on November 1st, I received my first product, which couldn’t have worked out better.  You see I’m a planner…don’t like surprises or the “what’s for dinner” question.  I sit down and try to plan at least a month ahead.  I know what you are thinking…I’ve lost it; I am flexible so if something comes up and I don’t get to make the scheduled meal…it's not a big deal, we are just trying to survive on one income and having meals planned ahead helps cut down on the grocery bill.  So to sum up a long story, pasta bake was on my menu tonight.  I knew I wanted to use my jar of Classico Light Alfredo Pasta, and as I waited for the bus to bring my 4 year old home I remembered the bag of spinach and the chicken breast I had in the fridge.  So with the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program with Classico Light Creamy Alfredo Pasta I present to you Creamy Chicken Alfredo with Spinach.   

Ingredients:
1 ½ Grilled Chicken Breasts cut into bite size pieces
1 Jar Classico Light Creamy Alfredo
10 oz. whole wheat pasta
½ bag of fresh baby spinach (depending on your family)
¼ cup parmesan cheese

Directions:  Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.  Drain water off the pasta and return to the pan.  Open a jar of Classico Light Creamy Alfredo and pour it over the pasta, add in the baby spinach and the chicken.  Mix together.  Transfer to a baking dish.  (I used an 11x7) and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.  Bake for 25 minutes and serve. 

I rounded out our meal with some frozen mixed vegetables, my personal favorite (corn, baby carrots and asparagus), and a spinach and lettuce salad with mandarin oranges.  I loved the ease of the Classico Light Cream Alfredo Pasta Sauce, and was encouraged that my 4 and 5 year old boys ate it right up and my 5 year old even asked for a second helping and I didn’t hesitate in dishing him up some more knowing that it was Light with less fat and fewer calories. 


All my ingredients assembled on the counter.

Pouring my pasta into my boiling water.

Pouring the Classico Light Cream Alfredo Pasta Sauce over my cooked noodles.

Adding fresh spinach.

Adding grilled chicken.

Sprinkling with parmesan cheese.

Ready for the oven.

Straight out of the oven.

Dinner is served.

~ Enjoy! ~

1 comment:

  1. I've got this exact same product to write about, but I just received mine in the mail yesterday! :-)

    ReplyDelete