Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Saturday, January 29, 2011

All caked up and no where to go...

So I'm writing this on very little sleep.  I thought I had prepared myself to fly through my cakes and cupcakes, but what I didn't expect was that my fondant would stick to what I was trying to use as cutter. (hand cutting) That the chocolate cake would need to be leveled and it wouldn't work the best when it was cold.  That my triple recipe of butter cream frosting would "barely" be enough.  With that said I started this journey last night after the kids went to bed about 7:45 PM and climbed into bed after 1:00 AM.  Well worth the lack of sleep, hope you agree.

With living in Packer Country otherwise know as NE Wisconsin I have been asked when I would do a "Packer Cake" and also about Packer Cookies...didn't feel like baking up any cookies last night with all my decorating but I did come up with this cake.  It is a 8-inch Chocolate Cake with Butter Cream frosting and Marshmallow Fondant.  GO PACK!













These are some Robot Cupcakes that I made for a "newly" five year old boy and an "Optimus Prime" cake as well. 






Kudos to my husband for helping me with the angles of the cake as it was all done from an 11 x 15 cake and then pieced together.  I'm very blessed to have him, as I would have gone with just basic block shapes, but he took the time to study the picture I was using as an example and make it to size.  The smoke stacks are OREO Fun Stik's.


Hope you enjoy.  These were at times a challenge to make and I really enjoyed creating them.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't "do" cakes, but one thing I'm sure about is that I won't ever attempt a 3d cake. That Optimus Prime is incredible!

    Also, we must be on the same wavelength, as your robot cookies are VERY similar to what I was describing to friends of mine last night in a future plan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole...I was glad to have my husband's help with the cake. The robot cupcakes were similar to something I saw online, I decided to add a little more detail and that is what I came up with. Can't wait to see what you have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky to have hubby's help/ideas! Philip thinks he'll "mess everything up" every time I want his help, so he doesn't! I'm sure he could stir icing just fine though, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The robot cakes and Optimus Prime cake were definite hits! Both were delicious and many asked where they came from.

    The cupcakes were eaten by the pickiest of 5-year-olds with not one left, and the Optimus Prime cake requested by seconds and thirds.

    Thank you Tahna for the great treats and making me look like the best Mom ever.

    ReplyDelete