Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Saturday, April 9, 2011

80/12 Birthday

Platter of Cookies



Today something wonderful is being celebrated.
The 80th Birthday of Bob and Florence (twins).
I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to join in on the action.
I made a platter of cookies and cake for the occasion.  The cookies are a variety of shapes, circles, cupcakes, squares and even a few rectangles.
The cake is a yellow cake with a delicious layer of strawberries that is then covered with a thick butter cream frosting.  Rosettes line the cake.








80th Birthday Cake




Another birthday is also being celebrated this weekend.  Caleb is turning 12.
Caleb's cake is a yellow and chocolate marble cake with butter cream frosting.  I enjoyed making Caleb's cake special for him; he  plays both football and basketball so I tried to capture both sports and bring them together into one cake.  The basketball and football are shaped cupcakes which help give the cake a 3-D look.


No comments:

Post a Comment