Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Friday, May 13, 2011

Allergy Friendly Cookies

Well these are not my “normal” cookies.  Actually altogether these were different, these cookies are “allergy friendly”.  I made these cookies for my son’s class, he was the “star” of the week, so all week I have tried my hardest to make different snacks for his class.  One of his classmates is allergic to both milk and eggs, so I purchased Soy Margarine and used an Egg Replacer to make these cookies.  The consistency seemed dryer than my normal cookies.  I think it maybe would have helped if I had chilled the dough before working with it, but seeing as it was 9:00 PM last night when I was making/baking these, I didn’t have a lot of extra time.  My taste-tester (my wonderful husband) reassured me that the cookies were “quite good”.  Since I choose to decorate my “normal” cookies with Royal Icing, and one of the main items in that is egg whites that wasn’t a choice, I made a quick pour frosting consisting of powdered sugar, rice milk and corn syrup.  They aren’t beautiful, but they are allergy friendly. 

 Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment