Door County Custom Cakes and Cookies

Due to the high volume of SPAM I am getting on my blog, I've had to change my settings so that only members of this blog can leave messages. I would welcome your comments on my e-mail if you wish. dccustomcakesandcookies@gmail.com


~~~~~There are a few weekends that I won't be available to help you with your order, I am running another Half Marathon so please make sure you plan ahead.~~~~~


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dairy Free Cake...

Many of you know, and for those of you who don't you'll soon find out that my two youngest boys have issues with dairy.  Our middle son, has never really handled it, from his very early life, when I would eat dairy products and then later nurse him he would projectile vomit...not a pretty picture.  I had to eliminate all milk by-products and soy products as those seemed to be a trigger.  When we had our third son, we quickly learned that he had the same intolerances, after many tears, I remembered that I can eat a lot of things; I just have to make them from scratch.  This is a yellow cake that I made with canola oil and rice milk instead of margarine and regular milk.  I've made it a time or two, and really enjoy it.  I used some strawberries that I had left over from a cake I made this past weekend, and then topped the cake off with a quick frosting that is made of a Milk Free/Soy Free Margarine, Rice Milk and Powered Sugar. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment